By Jessica Smith
The merrymaking season is here, and like many people, all you can think of is making a refreshingly sweet drink that will delight your family. If that’s what you need, then we’ll show you how to ditch your old mug of mulled wine and try something new.
Homemade drinks are a perfect way to ensure that everyone at home has something to drink that they enjoy. The five delicious drink recipes we’ll look at are the ideal way to deliver stress-free entertainment in your home that many people will like.
Here’s our list of all you need to make 5 different exciting drinks:
- White Margarita
Margarita is the kind of drink that gives you chills. You combine and stir the ingredients with a sense of excitement, and you can’t wait for it to get down your throat. Think of how nicely it will amaze your guests. Best of all, the recipe for a White margarita is a simple do-it-yourself.
A tequila remains the key foundation for achieving that classic margarita taste. So, make sure you get a quality tequila of your choice, whether silver, gold, aged, extra-aged, or ultra-aged.
- Full-fat Coconut Milk
- Coconut Water
- Fresh lime juice
- Orange liqueur (Grand Marnier is a common choice)
- White cranberry juice
- Slice of lime
- Cranberries and rosemarysprig for garnish
- Gather all your liquid ingredients in a large pitcher: full fat coconut milk, coconut water, Grand Marnier, tequila and fresh lime juice.
- Stir everything thoroughly until the coconut milk separates no more.
- Strain the mixture into a different glass, preferably chilled with ice.
- Garnish with a slice of lime, as well as the cranberries and your rosemary sprig.
- Serve and enjoy your homemade White Margarita.
- Pumpkin Pie Sangria
A unique characteristic of a pumpkin pie sangria is the yellowish color it gets from its core ingredient, the pumpkin pie. If you do it well, you will bring some sun-yellow color into an excellent drink. pumpkin pie sangria is a fine drink to fix any other time of the year.
- A bottle of chilled white wine
- Pumpkin pie vodka
- Pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- Cinnamon sticks for garnish
- Chilled pumpkin spice liqueur
- 1 chopped pear
- 1 chopped apple
- Put sugar and the pumpkin spice into a shallow dish. Mix until well combined.
- Rim your glasses with an apple piece.
- Dip the glass rims lightly into the mixture and set aside.
- Place wine, juice as well as pumpkin liqueur into a pitcher and stir to combine well.
- Use cinnamon sticks to garnish and serve.
- Classic Snowball Cocktail
As you go about merrymaking in the festive season, there are high chances that you will come across revelers sipping a certain version of a snowball cocktail. We say a certain version because though the process may be the same, some ingredients may differ slightly.
Lemonade and advocaat, however, are central ingredients in a snowball cocktail. This mix can be in a ratio of 1: 3 for advocaat and lemonade, respectively. Nonetheless, you could make it your way. It is also amongst the easiest drinks to master.
- Ice cubes
- Lime juice
- Lemon to garnish
- In a cocktail shaker with ice cubes, pour lime juice, advocaat, and brandy.
- Shake vigorously to mix.
- Strain into a clean glass.
- Garnish with lemonade and serve.
- Cranberry Apple Sangria
Cranberry Apple Sangria for winter season is as perfect as it is for any other season. What’s more, you don’t require much effort to put things together as long as you pick the right spices for it. A cranberry apple sangria is undoubtedly one of the best choices for Party.
The cranberry sangria may not be the sweetest, but you have the option of adding flavors to make it adorable the way you need.
- A cup of cranberry juice
- Well ground cinnamon
- 1 split vanilla bean
- 10-12 whole cloves
- Bottle of dry red wine
- Brandy or orange liqueur
- One orange to garnish
- Fresh cranberries
- In a saucepan, gently warm the apples, juice, and spices. Cook over medium-low head for a while (about 7 minutes) or until apples get soft.
- Switch off the heat and allow to cool.
- Add your red wine to a pitcher. Slice the orange into quarters or thinner pieces and add them into the pitcher.
- Bring over your mixer of spices, apple, and cranberry and add to the pitcher. Stir thoroughly. Cover this mixer and chill in the fridge for at least four hours. You may as well chill it overnight or for three to four days.
- Serve your cranberry-sangria as desired.
- Jack Frost Winter Cocktail
The year is closing down, and there is no better way to wind it than with a taste of refreshing drink. One that will allow you to drown down the worries of the year gone by and make you ready for a fresh start of the year. A Jack Frost Cocktail will complement your Celebration mood just the way you deserve.
- Honey or corn syrup to rim glasses
- Coconut flakes to rim glasses
- Pineapple juice
- Blue Curacao
- Some vodka
- Coconut cream
- Place the coconut flakes on a small plate. Rim the glass with syrup and dip the glass rim into the coconut flakes so that a coating forms on the side.
- In a food blender, mix your pineapple juice, vodka, blue curacao, and coconut cream. Pulse for about 2-4 minutes until it is sufficiently smooth.
- Strain the drink into prepared glasses.
- The drink is ready to serve immediately
It’s all there! Making homemade drinks is not that difficult as it might seem. From the Classic Snowball to the margarita, you can always depend on these top 5 homemade drinks to mark your celebrations.
If you are looking to do things differently this festive season, then you should try any of these five drinks at your next party or a family gathering for guaranteed success. They deliver just the right balance of refreshment and flavor like what you get with dos Equis as you wrap up the year in style.