We can exclusively confirm that we now have the newly appointed Postal and Regulatory Authority Of Zimbabwe, POTRAZ Board, after months of nudging the parent ministry, well done to the newly appointed ICT Minister Hon Kazembe Kazembe for finally putting this matter to rest.
The minister once asked about the board he responded promising that he is currently picking people of strong business acumen and with known and proven record to run an organisation of such a magnitude.
The 6 board members are comprised of two old members who still had their tenure running, while the other four members are purely new to the board.
The minister is yet to appoint the board Chairperson, with sources close to the development stating that the persons who had been picked to lead unfortunately were already too occupied to accept such a big role on their plate.
Here are the names of the current POTRAZ board members;
- Dr Nobert Mugwagwa, Operations advisor at World Bank, who also is a Mentor and coordinate HD Teams South Africa in planning, implementing and managing Bank funded and supported HD programs in East, Central and Southern Africa. He also seats in the Presidential Advisory Committee. He is a researcher and publisher of 24 thesis.
- Mathews Kunaka Chairperson of the Zimbabwe’s Woman’s bank is an experienced Chief Executive Officer of Institute of Chartered Accountants of Zimbabwe. with a demonstrated history of working in the information technology and services industry. Skilled in Budgeting, Business Planning, Internal Audit, Risk Management, and Analytical Skills. He once worked for Zimpapers, Fiscorp Private Limited, Integrity Asset Managers Private Limited, Able City Private Limited and Independent Media Investment Holdings (IMG) in the same capacity.
- Dr Charity Kadungure Former Reserve Bank of Zimbabwe (RBZ), Exchange Control Division Deputy Director, has extensive banking experience having worked for the Reserve Bank of Zimbabwe for over twenty five years. She has broad experience in the drafting of the various Exchange Control Statutory Instruments, policy formulation and implementation, training, research, statistical analysis of both the country’s imports and exports. She has also worked extensively in Exchange Control on analysis and registration of service contracts as well as investments analysis.
- Tinashe Robin Tanyanyiwa ( Head of Litigation, Banking & Financial Services Law ). EXPERIENCE. Tinashe has five (5) years practice experience.
- Fradson Shavi returns to Potraz from the last board, he is director technical under the Office Of President and Cabinet.
- Doreen Sibanda as well comes back from the past board, is the Executive Director of the National Gallery of Zimbabwe.